Sheet Metal Factory operatives
This is an entry level position with no experience required as full training will be given. We are looking for general operators to be trained in various factory duties to work as part of a team and individually. The successful candidate will have good organisational skills and perform tasks relating to sheet metal work such as (but not limited to) loading/unloading machines, press brake operation, spot welding and general production tasks as required. Manual handling of sheet metal will be required, if you are a forklift operator with experience working for a manufacturing business, we encourage you to submit an application for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Complete general production tasks assigned by team leader
- Ensure that every machine procedure is done in accordance with the strict guidelines of the company
- Follow all company safety protocol
- Good housekeeping of the work area and machines being used during shift
- Attend and actively participate in training classes and safety sessions as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess strong basic Maths & English skills
- Experience in sheet metal working/ fabrication and operation of CNC press brakes and guillotines an advantage.
- Counterbalance Forklift licence useful but not essential.
- Multi-task orientated and possess good organisation skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of machine maintenance and operation